Sunday, October 14, 2012

Questions

Today there was a question that was asked of my youth group kids who I have been a leader with for about a year now. We asked how do you want to die? You should have seen the look on these kids faces I swear it looked like you asked them the all mighty question that could never be answered as if it was a math problem.  They were confused and quite shocked by the question asked. It was the first time my kids actually knew the meaning of silence.

We got some interesting answers not many though. Then I remembered a book I did a teaching on many years ago. The book was called "since nobody's perfect how good is good enough?" And like it says in this book there in lies the question. At the begining of this book the author and his sunday school kids are having a converation on how you get to heaven. So he asks he kids well wounder if I paint the church, cut the church grass every sunday, volunteer to feed the homeless, go help the elderly once a week, go cook for someone who is ill and the answer all the kids gave for every single one was NO. So he asked then how do you get to heaven? One kid raised his hand and said (Let me remind you this kids are probably about my age now when the book was written or close) "Well you have to be dead!" Well the kid is right you have to be dead. But being the generation I am I ask the question is it even possible to actually know your going there?

So here is my thought wait for it I really dont know. I know heres the thought then why are you writing this blog entry. Well cause I hope that though writting this I can figure it out.

I was having a converation today about how we know what Gods plan is and we dont. EVER. Thats the beauty of this world God has a plan but yet we dont know what that is! But I feel like God puts us on the path we are on to stabaleize our thoughts. God say hey Ryan go this way! I ask why and I feel like I get the do as I say not as I do. Or just do it cause I'm God and thats cool with me I know th power of God I dont try and test it.

So I feel like God has a plan for everything. so I guess what I have realised is that the best way to die is how God wants us to die. Its all part of this master plan he has for us. So I guess after watching the begining of the latest star trek movie I would want to dies knowing I saved people. The greatest honor would be knowing I died to save somone else from themselves. I feel like all this will happen eventually. But in the mean time I want to try and save as many people I can weather or not they are still part of my life for a reason. I feel like some people look at me like im crazy for wanting to help. The truth is I will do anything for anyone as far as I can and that is true worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment