Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Social media continued


            So here I am again talking about social media in Church’s. Last time I talked about why churches are using social media, now I will just talk about my church in particular. My church is west ridge community church. West ridge has been my home church since about 2008. I have watched the church use different form of communication to communicate with people, when I first started their email was there main form of communication. Which we still use email as a form. But for us a lot of our younger parishioners use facebook more than we can imagine. With me being a part of the student ministry facebook is how I communicate with most if not all my students in some way shape or form. Without facebook I would not have any communication with my students other than their youth group nights. But just having a facebook makes me a cool person in their minds because I am someone older that they look up to. It is very interesting to be able to communicate with my students on facebook because I see and hear things that I either do not need to hear or it may be something I will have to bring up to them when I see them. So having and using social media with the church and the youth group is very much a life saver to help not only my students but other parishioners.

No comments:

Post a Comment